MSI unveils the Primo 81 tablet
After being previewed a few months ago, the MSI Primo 81 tablet is now official. This new tablet from MSI uses exactly the same IPS display manufactured by LG as Apple's iPad Mini, but the other specs are completely different.
The new mid-range tablet from MSI has a pearl-white finish and a metal back that give it an attractive appearance. This is what the Primo 81 has under the hood:
- Processor: quad-core Allwinner A31s at 1 GHz with dual-core PowerVR SGX544MP2 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB of RAM; 16 GB of ROM and microSD slot
- Display: 7.85-inch IPS capacitive multitouch with 1,024X768 pixels
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 2 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, micro HDMI, micro USB with OTG support
- Audio: 0.5 W speaker, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Sensor: G-Sensor
- Operating system: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Battery: 3,500 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.75 lbs; 7.87X5.31X0.31 inches
The specs above may change until the slate becomes available on retail shelves in November. Pricing is not known yet, so we should hear more about the MSI Primo 81 in the coming month.