LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus is a T-Mobile exclusive, now available
T-Mobile's new tablet is finally here, and it comes with a rather useful accessory. The LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus is a mid-range, 8-inch device with a modest battery capacity that can be boosted substantially by using the included Plus Pack, which attaches to the tablet's back and almost triples the its battery life.
Specs-wise, here's what you will find inside the new G Pad:
- 8-inch Full HD (1920x1200) display
- Unspecified Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.4 GHz octa-core processor
- 32 GB of internal storage, expandable up to a theoretical 2 TB via micro SD
- 5-megapixel rear camera with HDR and 4x digital zoom
- 5-megapixel front camera with HDR and auto-shot
- 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n/u WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2
- 4G LTE connectivity
- 2,900 mAh battery, plus an additional 4,400 mAh with the Plus Pack, for a total of 6,300 mAh
The new G Pad ships with Android Nougat 7.0, so it's not outdated from the start like other budget tablets. It has a stereo speaker and a kickstand, so it works well as a portable media player. A full-sized USB port and bundled Microsoft Office productivity apps make it equally suitable for work or study. Finally, when docked with the Plus Pack, the new G Pad serves as a "night stand companion," displaying the time and date along with weather information and more.
RAM amount is the only detail neither LG nor T-Mobile seem to mention, but given the rest of the tablet specs it's safe to assume about 2 or 3 GB.
You can get the LG G Pad X2 8.0 Plus from the T-Mobile webstore for US$240 outright. Finance options include either $192 upfront and $2 per month for 24 months, or $0 upfront and $10 per month for 24 months, depending on your credit. A SIM Starter Kit, which enables cellular connectivity, costs an additional $25, and requires that the tablet be added to a new or existing data plan.