Jolla tablet now up for pre-order
Jolla announced yesterday on the company's official blog that a limited batch of the 7.85-inch Jolla tablet is available for pre-order. This Intel Atom-powered slate is the result of a successful crowdfunding campaign that closed about a year ago, but shipments still have to begin. Early backers will get their slates next month while those who pre-order now should get the device about one month later.
The Jolla tablet comes with the following highlights:
- Processor: 64-bit 1.8 GHz quad-core Intel Atom
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB DDR3L-RS; 32 GB or 64 GB eMMC internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 7.85-inch fully laminated IPS, capacitive multitouch with 2,048X1,536 pixels and 330 ppi
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB OTG
- Operating system: Sailfish 2.0
- Battery: lithium-ion 3.8 V/4450 mAh (non-removable)
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.85 pounds; 7.99X5.39X0.33 inches
While the Jolla tablet does not feature 3G or 4G mobile connectivity, it has the usual set of sensors - accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, light sensor, as well as a hall-effect sensor.
Prices will vary depending on the market, but Jolla currently lists the 32 GB model for €267 EUR (about $300 USD) and the 64 GB model for €299 EUR (roughly $335 USD). Next to the US and all EU countries, the slate can also be pre-ordered from Russia, India, Australia, Canada, Norway, Switzerland and Hong Kong.