Intel unveils DC P3608 series SSD
Intel introduced yesterday a new storage product for data centers, namely the DC P3608 NVMe SSD series. According to a blog post by the company's data center solution architect Frank Ober, this is Intel's "highest performing SSD for the Data Center to eliminate bottlenecks in HPC workflows, accelerate databases, and gain business insights through real time analytics."
The highlights of this product include the following:
- Capacities available: 1.6 TB, 3.2 TB, 4 TB
- Memory type: Intel 20 nm HET MLC NAND flash
- Sequential read: up to 5,000 MB/s
- Sequential write: up to 3,000 MB/s
- Random 4K read: 850,000 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 150,000 IOPS
- Random 8K read: 500,000 IOPS
- Random 8K write: 60,000 IOPS
The same source mentioned earlier revealed that Intel is already shipping the DC P3608 series to top OEMs, including Cray. While this SSD is out of the reach of home users for now, it shows what future will bring them in a year or two.