Huawei unveils Honor 5C smartphone
In advance of the launch event for the Honor V8 handset, Huawei has silently introduced a new mid-ranger. Retailing as Honor 5C, this handset packs an octa-core Huawei processor and average specs but also has a few features usually offered by more expensive devices, namely a fingerprint reader and dual-SIM support.
Huawei Honor 5C has the following specs and features:
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 650 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS LCD multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 13 MP back, both with f/2.0
- Connectivity: 3G or 4 G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with A-GPS and Glonass, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 on top
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.34 pounds; 5.79X2.91X0.33 inches
- Battery: 3000 mAh (non-removable)
- Colors: black, silver, gold
The handset is currently available in China for about $140 USD (3G only) or $155 USD, for the 4G LTE model. For now, there is no word on its global rollout, but we might find out more during the Honor V8 launch event next month.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros