IFA 2015 | Huawei G8 is now official
Although this handset has been spotted passing through TENAA a few months ago, Huawei did not make the G8 official until now. The new handset joins the Mate S at IFA 2015 in Berlin and looks like a very interesting device for those interested in design before anything else.
Using an all-metal chassis, the Huawei G8 has the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and 2.5D Gorilla Glass protection
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP with OIS on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1
- Battery: 3000 mAh
The handset also has a fingerprint scanner on the back that comes with Huawei Fingerprint Sense 2.0 technology. It should hit the market later this month in China, Egypt, Germany, Malaysia, Taiwan, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom for a recommended price of €399 EUR (roughly $450 USD), but availability and pricing for the US market have not been announced yet.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros