HTC One M9 Prime Camera Edition coming for 430 Euros
The new HTC 10 will likely be revealed this coming April 19th, but that hasn't stopped HTC from trying to milk the current One M9 one last time. The manufacturer has revealed just yesterday yet another SKU of its current flagship called the One M9 Prime Camera Edition, which features the same 5-inch 1080p screen for a retail price of 430 Euros to be made available by the end of April in certain European markets.
The new SKU makes no changes to the design or shape including the use of a unibody aluminum chassis. Instead, the main differences are largely internal with changes to the processor, memory, rear camera, and integrated LTE support.
The processor is now an octa-core MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10 SoC with integrated PowerVR G6200 GPU instead of the faster Snapdragon 810 SoC with integrated Adreno 430 GPU. RAM has also been trimmed down to 2 GB from 3 GB with just 16 GB of internal storage space. LTE speeds are down to Cat. 4 (150 Mbit/s download, 50 Mbit/s upload) instead of Cat. 9 (450 Mbit/s download) on the original One M9.
Rear camera megapixel count is down from 20 MP to 13 MP on the Prime Edition. Otherwise, the model will still sport the same OIS that is able to compensate for hand movements down to 0.125 ms. The front-facing camera is the same 4.2 MP UltraPixel camera with a wide-angle lens.
Specifications according to manufacturer:
- Display: 5-inch, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Processor: MediaTek, Helio X10, Octa-Core, 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC expandable
- Cameras: Rear 13 MP, f/2.2, OIS | Front UltraPixel, 4.1 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, WLAN 802.11 ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, GPS, LTE Cat. 4
- Battery: 2840 mAh
- Dimensions & Weight: 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.61 mm, 158 g
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Sense 7