FutureMark dropping support for 3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage next month
In parallel to Microsoft's termination date for Windows Vista, FutureMark will also be cutting support for two if its Vista-focused benchmarks as well. Both 3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage will soon be swept under the rug with no plans to bring them back.
Beginning April 11th, both 3DMark and PCMark Vantage will:
- No longer be listed on the FutureMark website
- No longer receive any additional updates
- No longer support any online services
- No longer be covered by customer support
Alternatives to 3DMark Vantage:
- 3DMark Time Spy for DirectX 12 Systems
- 3DMark Fire Strike for High Performance DirectX 11 PCs
- 3DMark Sky Diver for DirectX 11 Laptops and Mid-range PCs
Alternatives to PCMark Vantage:
- PCMark 7 for Windows 7
- PCMark 8 for Windows 8
- PCMark 10 for Windows 10 (Coming soon)
For Notebookcheck, 3DMark Vantage and PCMark Vantage have long been removed from our standard benchmarking procedures. Instead, the suite of benchmarks from PCMark 8 and 3DMark 2013 are commonly performed on all notebooks and tablets that come our way. The upcoming PCMark 10 will also be added to our core list of benchmarks once available to the public.