BlackBerry Argon coming soon
BlackBerry Argon appeared in a rumor some time ago, and nothing new has been heard about it ever since. Fortunately, it looks like this handset is close to becoming official, as CrackBerry has spotted a page on BlackBerry.com with the "donotpublish.html" extension that reveals detailed information about a DTEK60 handset.
The specs and features of the BlackBerry DTEK60 seem to confirm what was already rumored for the Argon, so both names probably point at the same device. These are its highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC with Adreno 530 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 2 TB
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 2,560X1,440 pixels and 534 ppi
- Cameras: 8 MP with fixed focus on the front, 21 MP with autofocus on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB Type-C
- Operating system: Android (not mentioned, but probably will launch with Nougat on board)
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.36 pounds; 6.06X2.97X-.28 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 3,000 mAh, non-removable; up to 24 hours mixed use, 26 hours talk time, 14 days standby, Quick Charge 3.0 support
In addition to the above, the BlackBerry DTEK60 Argon is also expected to launch packing a fingerprint scanner. There is no word out on its availability and pricing yet, so we can only wait for it to be officially unveiled.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros