Acer unveils fastest Chromebook in the industry
Acer America unveiled earlier today what they advertise as "the fastest commercial model in the industry" - the Intel Core i5-powered Acer C910 Chromebook. While the ultra low-power i5-5200U chip inside Acer's 15.6-inch Chromebook is far from today's high-end chips in terms of performance, looks like it is the most powerful processor used in a Chrome OS-driven notebook so far.
Acer C910 Chromebook is a machine "ideal for people who view, edit, create and collaborate both online and offline" and comes with the following highlights:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-5200U
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB SSD internal storage and SD card reader
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD IPS
- Connectivity: 2X2 WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0, 1XUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0, HDMI
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.85 pounds; 15.4X10.08X0.95 inches
- Autonomy: up to 8 hours
This laptop was designed with durability in mind, featuring a cover that can withstand up to 132 pounds of force, while corners can handle up to 18-inch drops without damage. It is also worth mentioning that Acer C910 has the largest touchpad of all Chromebooks available on the market right now.
Acer C910 Chromebook will hit the US market early next month at a suggested retail price of $499.99 USD.