Acer debuts Aspire Switch 10 convertible
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Earlier today in New York, Acer revealed the 2-in-1 Aspire Switch 10, a notebook/tablet convertible "that easily switches between four modes for touch, typing, viewing, and sharing." These four modes are mentioned in the official press release as "notebook, tablet, display, and tent." This versatility is achieved thanks to Acer's own Snap Hinge design.
Acer Aspire Switch 10 has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.3 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3745 "Bay Trail"
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM; 32 GB or 64 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 10.1-inch IPS touchscreen with 1,366X768 pixels and Zero Air Gap bezel with LumiFlex™ technology
- Camera: 2 MP front webcam
- Connectivity: 1XUSB 2.0, 1Xmicro USB 2.0, HDMI
- Operating system: Windows 8.1
- Weight: 1.29 pounds (without keyboard dock); 2.58 pounds (with keyboard)
- Autonomy: up to 8 hours
The aluminum case of the Aspire Switch 10 is 0.32-inch thick, while the keyboard comes in at 0.44 inches. An optional keyboard dock for 500 GB of extra storage will be available, but there is no other information about it at this time.
According to the press release below, Aspire Switch 10 will hit the stores in late May across Pan America and Europe, Middle East and Africa, starting at $379.99 USD/€ 349 EUR.