IFA 2013 | Acer announces the Iconia A3 ahead of IFA debut
Earlier today, Acer announced its new 10.1-inch Iconia A3 Android tablet, a few days ahead of its debut at IFA 2013 in Berlin. According to Acer's press release, the Iconia A3 "is designed to provide a richer entertainment, multimedia, gaming, and web experience".
These are the main features of this new Android tablet from Acer:
- Processor: quad-core 1.2GHz Cortex A7
- Display: 10.1-inch WXGA IPS with 1,280X800 pixels
- Camera: 5 MP
- Audio: Dolby Digital Plus, providing virtualized 5.1 audio for headphones
- Connectivity: micro HDMI and microSD card reader
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Variants: WiFi and 3G
In addition to the above, the Acer Iconia A3 comes with IntelliSpin, a technology that improves the classic image rotation feature, so the image displayed will match the user's orientation even when the tablet is lying flat.
The WiFi version of the Acer Iconia A3 will arrive to Europe, the Middle East, and Africa in October, followed by the 3G version one month later. There, the WiFi version will cost around $330, while the Iconia A3 3G will be priced at almost $400. Unfortunately, pricing and availability for the United States have not yet been announced.