Computex 2013 | Acer announces 5.7" Liquid S1 phablet
Acer has announced the new Liquid S1 smartphone at Computex 2013 and the company is officially calling it a phablet in its press release. The 5.7-inch device has a screen resolution of 1280x720, which comes out to 257ppi. The XXL Liquid S1 is driven by an ARM Cortex-A7 based, MediaTek MT6589T quad-core processor (1.5 GHz).
Other specs include 8 GB internal storage, 1 GB RAM, a microSD card slot, 3G/UMTS, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, DTS audio, along with wireless display and print features. The 8 MP main camera uses a BSI sensor, while the front camera sports a 24mm wide-angle lens and has a resolution of 2 MP.
Acer will also be offering an optional two-button stylus (one launches the Float Note app, and the other toggles between write and erase modes) to accompany the Liquid S1. The company is also touting two features dubbed Acer Float User Interface and Acer Auto Profile. The first feature enables users to multitask, while the latter allows for location-based phone profiles. Settings include brightness, volume/vibration, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G.
According to the UK version of the press release the Liquid S1 will be shipping in Q3 2013 in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Ukraine, Russia, UK and Germany, followed by Spain and Italy starting at €349 (458 US Dollars). Unfortunately, Acer has not provided any details on a US release.
According to Acer, the giant Liquid S1 smartphone will also be offered as a dual-SIM model. Here are the technical details and specifications at a glance:
5.7-inch Acer Liquid S1:
- OS: Google Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Processor: ARM Cortex-A7, MediaTek, MT6589T, Quad-Core, 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB Flash, 1 GB RAM
- Display: 5.7", HD, 1280 x 720 Pixel, 257 ppi
- Cameras: Main - 8 MP, Autofocus, f2.0, 28 mm, BSI-Sensor, LED-Flash, 1080p Video | Front - 2 MP, f2.2, 24mm, 88° Wide angle, BSI-Sensor, 720p Video
- Communication: 3G: 900 / 2100 MHz, 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz | Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS/aGPS
- Sensors: Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- SIM: Single/Dual, microSIM
- Battery: 2.400 mAh, removable, Li-Pol
- Dimensions: 163 x 83 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 195 g
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros