Nokia confirms the Lumia 525 budget smartphone
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
The Nokia Lumia 520 was released in April and proved to be an excellent low-cost Windows Phone 8-powered handset, one of its few drawbacks being considered the rather low amount of memory. Now Nokia has just confirmed the Lumia 525 in a silent manner, by adding a product page on its official website.
The Nokia Lumia 525 is basically a 520 with 1 GB of memory instead of 512 MB, thus sporting the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage, microSD support up to 64 GB and 7 GB of free SkyDrive cloud storage
- Display: 4-inch WVGA IPS LCD with 480X800 pixels and 235 ppi
- Camera: 5 MP rear with autofocus and no flash, 720p video capture
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS and A-GLONASS, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Windows Phone 8 with Lumia Black
- Battery/Autonomy: 1,430 mAh; up to 10.6 hours talk time on 3G, 48 hours music playback and 14 days in standby mode
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.27 pounds; 4.72X2.52X0.39 inches
Unfortunately, it seems the Nokia 525 will not hit the United States or Europe anytime soon and there is no official information available regarding pricing and availability in the areas mentioned on the product page. On the other hand, the handset has been announced for China Mobile and China Unicom in December, at roughly $180.