Lumia 720 successors may hit the States next month
Nokia Lumia 720 was announced back in February 2013 and it hit the market in April. Now, after more than a year since it started reaching customers all over the world, this handset is close to receive not one but two successors, both with 720p displays. These two new smartphones will have screen sizes of 4.7 and 5 inch.
Lumia 720's successors may get the same features overall, except their screen size and the specs of their back-facing camera:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with Adreno 305 graphics
- Memory/Storage: unknown at this time
- Display: 4.7-inch or 5-inch 720p touchscreen
- Cameras: 5 MP for Selfies and 8 MP rear or unknown front camera and 13 MP rear
- Operating system: Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1
The 4.7-inch Lumia 720 successor is expected to launch as a Verizon exclusive next month, while the 5-inch Lumia handset mentioned above may be called Lumia 930 mini and could hit the market in late August. Please remember that all these are rumors that should be taken with a grain of salt for the time being.
We will get back to this topic as soon as we hear more about these handsets, hopefully directly from Microsoft this time.