Kyocera Hydro Vibe hits the US on May 9
The Kyocera Hydro Vibe waterproof smartphone launched two days ago and will be introduced by Sprint on May 9, while Virgin Mobile will follow on May 27. This 4G LTE-capable handset "is at the forefront of waterproof technology for mobile devices, proving that extra protection from life’s accidents doesn’t mean a smartphone has to be expensive and bulky."
Kyocera Hydro Vibe comes with the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926
- Memory/Storage: 1.5 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 4.5-inch touchscreen with 540X960 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi with hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, micro USB 2.0, NFC, Miracast
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.31 pounds; 5.02X2.5X0.43 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: removable Lithium-Ion 2,000 mAh; up to 193 hours standby and 14 hours talk time
This smartphone is IP57-certified for protection against dust and water and it can spend up to 30 minutes in up to 3.28 feet of water without taking any damage. Its battery can be charged wirelessly thanks to PMA technology and it also features Kyocera's Smart Sonic Receiver audio tech made popular by devices like the Hydro Edge and Torque.
While Sprint sells the Kyocera Hydro Vibe for $0 down and 24 monthly payments of $9.59 each with Sprint Easy Pay, the handset will be available free of contract from Virgin Mobile for $149.99 USD.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: