Acer launches the C720 Chromebook
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Acer has shown the C720 Chromebook at IDF 2013 and now this first Haswell powered ultrabook is finally here. This new Chrome OS laptop features a fast processor and promises to offer superior battery life at the same time, all for a very good price.
The Acer C720 Chromebook sports the following main specs:
- Processor: Intel Celeron 2955U
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 16 GB SSD
- Display: 11.6-inch anti-glare ComfyView with 1,366X768 pixels
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: HDMI, dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, SD card reader
- Operating system: Chrome OS
- Battery life: up to 8.5 hours on a charge
- Weight: 2.76 pounds
In addition to the above the Acer C720 Chromebook also features a Kensington lock and boots in about 7 seconds, according to Acer. Its light design allows it to be 30 percent thinner than its predecessor.
C720-2800 is the first model in the series and can be pre-ordered at BestBuy and Amazon for a price of only $249.99. The ultrabook is protected by a standard one-year parts and labor warranty which can be extended to three years thanks to the Acer Advantage service. Additional configurations will become available in the coming weeks.