Notebookcheck: Rating update v5 online
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
The launch of new processors and high-end GPUs alongside the widespread use of SSDs have made it necessary for us to make small additions to our rating system. Thus, our latest Version 5 (v5) rating system is not directly comparable to our previous rating systems. All new reviews from now on will use the new v5 rating system while a number of older reviews - such as those from our Top 10 lists - will be re-evaluated accordingly as necessary.
An overview of the most important changes:
- Connectivity: Revaluation of the interfaces taking into account new ports like USB type-C. From now on, the presence and performances of biometric access control, SD card reader, and WiFi direct have influences on the connectivity sub rating. As for smartphones, we consider available communication features (LTE,...) as well as available sensors.
- Battery life: Focus on realistic battery runtimes (WiFi test, video playback). Idle (max.) and load (min.) runtimes are no longer considered.
- Display: Added the new measurements "response time" and "PWM" to our rating.
- Gaming Performance: Changed the internal rating limits due to new GPUs available from Nvidia. Changed benchmarks and games used for the evaluation.
- System Performance: Changed the internal rating limits. Changed the benchmarks and games used for the evaluation.
- Workstation performance: Added a new sub rating for workstation notebooks.
The weight of each subcategory remains the same.