Verizon Pixel and Pixel XL get Android 7.1.2
Google unleashed the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update earlier this month for the Nexus and Pixel devices as usual. The Pixel and Pixel XL flagships were obviously included as well, and now Verizon Wireless rolls out the update for these handsets on its network, one that comes with its own build number.
The version numbers of the Android 7.1.2 firmware for Pixel and Pixel XL by Google are N2G47E and N2G47J, while Verizon's build is NHG47K. The official changelog for the 7.1.2 update includes the following:
- better Voice call performance
- Bluetooth and WiFi performance and connectivity improvements
- backup and restore for first-party apps such as Calendar, Drive, or Messenger
- missing HD Voice/WiFi Calling options bug fix
- text message receiving bug fix
- latest security patches
To check for the availability of this update, the user needs to go to Settings>About phone>System updates. The factory images and OTA files for the Verizon Wireless Android 7.1.2-based firmware are now available for download as well.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros