Verizon Ellipsis 8 hits the market
A new Verizon-branded Android tablet has been in the rumor mill for a while and now some of the most recent rumors have just been confirmed. Verizon Ellipsis 8 is a 4G LTE-capable slate that can be purchased starting today. This device is made by Chinese manufacturer Quanta, a company that also builds Apple's laptops and iPods.
Verizon Ellipsis 8 has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core (no details available)
- Memory/Storage: not specified, with microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 8-inch with 1,280X800 pixels and 189 ppi
- Cameras: VGA front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Operating system: Android (version not mentioned, most likely KitKat)
- Battery/Autonomy: 5000 mAh, non-removable; 288 hours standby, over 14 hours of mixed usage
- Weight: 0.75 pounds
This slate can be acquired from Verizon Wireless for $149.99 USD with a two-year contract, $0 USD down and 24 monthly payments of $10.41 USD each via Verizon Edge, or $249.99 USD and free of any commitments.