UBIK UNO could hit the US market this fall
While most Android-powered flagships from the big names in the smartphone industry are far from affordable, small and not-so-small outsiders try their luck by launching powerful handsets with premium looks that almost anyone should afford. Last such device to show up is UBIK UNO, a handset that has been built packing "a beautiful design, great display, solid performance and unbeatable price."
UBIK UNO has the following highlights:
- Processor: 2.2 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6795 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 1,920X1,080 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 20 MP back with Sony IMX230 sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Operating system: stock Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3100 mAh
This handset is built using a single-piece aluminum frame and has ultra-slim bezels. While the retail price announced is $345 USD, UBIK UNO is currently the subject of a Kickstarter project and early backers can get it for $299 USD. The first 250 units will go to early backers who pledged $280 USD or more while shipments will begin in September.