IFA 2014 | Sony announces Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Sony has many things to show at this year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin. The company describes its array of new products as capable of "inspiring and fulfilling people's curiosity around the world, and generating emotional value." Most devices unveiled last week have been in the rumor mill for a while, and the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact is one of them.
These are the specs and features of Sony's new waterproof slate:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 8-inch TRILUMINOUS capacitive touchscreen with 1,200X1,920 pixels and 283 ppi
- Cameras: 2.2 MP front, 8.1 MP back with autofocus, image stabilization, HDR, panorama
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with hotspot and WiFi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 LE with A2DP and apt-X, NFC, micro USB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.6 pounds; 8.4X4.87X0.25 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: embedded lithium-ion 4500 mAh; up to 1220 hours standby and 23 hours talk time on 3G, up to 200 hours of music and 13 hours of video playback
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact can handle dust and can remain submerged in over 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes without taking damage. According to the official product page, the slate ships pre-loaded with Google Play, Chrome and Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude. Pricing and availability should be announced soon, as this slate is expected to hit the market later this fall.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros