Samsung Galaxy Alpha is now official
After a few months in the rumor mill, the long-awaited Samsung Galaxy Alpha has been finally unveiled by the South Korean company. Previously known as Galaxy S5 Prime and Galaxy F, this handset has a metal frame and is thinner than the iPhone 5S but uses the same perforated plastic rear as the notorious Samsung Galaxy S5.
These are the main specs of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha:
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5430
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and 50 GB Dropbox cloud storage, but no microSD support
- Display: 4.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels and 320 ppi
- Cameras: 2.1 MP front, 12 MP back with autofocus and LED flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with WiFi Direct and hotsop, Bluetooth 4.0 LE+A2DP+EDR, DLNA, micro USB 2.0, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.25 pounds; 5.21X2.58X0.26 inches
- Battery: embedded lithium-ion 1,860 mAh
- Colors: Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver, Scuba Blue
This handset also features a PayPal-certified fingerprint reader and a heart rate sensor, as well as accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass and gyroscope. Pricing and availability should be announced next month.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros