Qualcomm unveils reference Snapdragon 810 smartphone and tablet
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Both the smartphone and the tablet will be based on Qualcomm's upcoming Snapdragon 810 SoC, a 64-bit chip that incorporates four ARM Cortex A57 CPU cores, four ARM Cortex A53 CPU cores, and an Adreno 430 GPU that brings support for 4K displays. Qualcomm claims that, compared to the Snapdragon 801, the Snapdragon 810 will bring improvements in CPU performance and power efficiency, and 30 percent faster graphics.
The first ever Snapdragon 810 smartphone can be pre-ordered at the price of $799, while the first Snapdragon 810 tablet will set you back $999. These are premium prices, but they are validated by the next-gen hardware. Both devices will be commercialized through Canadian retailer Intrinsyc and orders will start shipping in mid-December.
These are the most important specifications available on the Snapdragon 810 reference tablet:
- Display : 10.1-inch panel with 3840 x 2160 4K UHD resolution and 436PPI
- RAM Memory: 4GB LP-DDR4
- Storage: 64GB integrated, microSD supported
- Cameras: 13 MP primary with OIS and dual LED flash, 4MP secondary, Dual 3D IR gesture cameras
- Battery: 7560 mAh
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi 2.5 GHz/5 GHz, Bluetooth 4.1, Qualcomm IZat Gen8C GPS, NFC, USB 3.0 (OTG), Micro HDMI
- Speakers: Stereo
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
In addition, the reference Snapdragon 810 tablet also comes with a multitude of sensors such as a fingerprint reader, eight microphones, a temperature sensor, and a humidity sensor.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MDP smartphone shares many of the specifications listed above, such as the RAM, the cameras, and the sensors. Here are the specs that differ:
- Display: 6.2-inch panel, 2560 x 1600 QHD resolution, 487 PPI
- Storage: 32GB integrated, microSD supported
- Battery: 3,020mAh
- Speakers: Mono
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros