Nokia P1 might be unveiled next month
Those disappointed by the exclusive availability of the Nokia 6 in China might soon get something even better, as we hear that Nokia P1 will debut at MWC next month with even more impressive specs. For now, nothing is official yet, but if this handset gets unveiled next month in Barcelona, we should see it hit the market by mid-2017 as well.
Nokia P1 is expected to come with the following specs and features:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 6 GB RAM; 128 GB or 256 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.3-inch IGZO with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection (resolution not specified by any rumors yet)
- Cameras: 23 MP main camera with Carl Zeiss lens, no info on the front camera at this time
- Operating system: Android Nougat (obviously)
- Battery: 3,500 mAh
There will be two variants, reveal insiders familiar with the matter. The 128 GB model will use a metallic case, while the 256 GB variant will be a ceramic one. Both are expected to be IP55 and IP57 certified for protection from the elements. The prices expected for the two models above are $800 USD and $950 USD. Hopefully, the Nokia P1 will show up at MWC 2017 and the prices mentioned above will decrease by the time this smartphone hits the market.