New Windows 9 images leak online
Windows 8 may end up as a quite short-lived operating system as Microsoft expects to ship Windows 9 next year. Windows 9 Threshold has been in the rumor mill for a while already and more screenshots have just been spotted online on a German website.
While The Verge confirms these shots are genuine, they also mention "they're an early version of what Windows 9 (or whatever Microsoft calls it) looks like." These are some of the highlights revealed by these new shots, most of them already mentioned by previous rumors and leaks:
- New Search icon on the taskbar, next to the Start button
- Support for virtual desktops - the icon that appears to lead to this feature is next to the Search icon mentioned above
- Notification Center accessible via the system tray area of the taskbar
- New icons for various elements of the interface that help the entire UI to match the Metro design introduced with Windows 8
- Floating Windows 8-style apps with search, share, settings, play commands present in context menus
Microsoft officials did not comment anything yet, but the first public preview release of Windows 9 should be only a few weeks away now. The entire image gallery that shows Windows 9 Preview (Build 9834) is available on WinFuture and can be accessed through the first link below.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros