Neptune Pine smartwatch ships to Kickstarter backers
Neptune Pine is a smartwatch that was backed by over 2,800 Kickstarter users, with no less than $800,000 CAD pledged during the campaign which ended on December 22, 2013. Back then, the device was described as "the definitive all-in-one smartwatch" and now it has finally started shipping to its backers.
Neptune Pine has the following specs and features:
- Processor: dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM; 16 GB or 32 GB internal storage
- Display: 2.4-inch capacitive touchscreen with 320X240 pixels
- Cameras: VGA front, 5 MP rear with 720p video shooting and LED flash
- Connectivity: 2G and 3G for calls and text messages, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, GPS
- Sensors: accelerometer, pedometer, digital compass, gyroscope
- Autonomy: 7 hours Web browsing, 8 hours talk time and up to 5 days in standby mode
Non-Kickstarter backers can pre-order this smartwatch for $349 USD - the 16 GB version, or $449 USD for a 32GB model. Additional accessories available for purchase from the same page include a bumper case ($25 USD), the Neptune Clip ($25 USD), and the Neptune Helmet Mount ($50 USD). Orders placed after January 1, 2014 should ship in October 2014.
Comment on this article
In my early school days, I hated writing and having to make up stories. A decade later, I started to enjoy it. Since then, I published a few offline articles and then I moved to the online space, where I contributed to major websites that are still present online as of 2021 such as Softpedia, Brothersoft, Download3000, but I also wrote for multiple blogs that have disappeared over the years. I've been riding with the Notebookcheck crew since 2013 and I am not planning to leave it anytime soon. In love with good mechanical keyboards, vinyl and tape sound, but also smartphones, streaming services, and digital art.