Neptune Pine smartwatch ships to Kickstarter backers
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! English native speakers welcome!
News Writer - Details here
Neptune Pine is a smartwatch that was backed by over 2,800 Kickstarter users, with no less than $800,000 CAD pledged during the campaign which ended on December 22, 2013. Back then, the device was described as "the definitive all-in-one smartwatch" and now it has finally started shipping to its backers.
Neptune Pine has the following specs and features:
- Processor: dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM; 16 GB or 32 GB internal storage
- Display: 2.4-inch capacitive touchscreen with 320X240 pixels
- Cameras: VGA front, 5 MP rear with 720p video shooting and LED flash
- Connectivity: 2G and 3G for calls and text messages, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, GPS
- Sensors: accelerometer, pedometer, digital compass, gyroscope
- Autonomy: 7 hours Web browsing, 8 hours talk time and up to 5 days in standby mode
Non-Kickstarter backers can pre-order this smartwatch for $349 USD - the 16 GB version, or $449 USD for a 32GB model. Additional accessories available for purchase from the same page include a bumper case ($25 USD), the Neptune Clip ($25 USD), and the Neptune Helmet Mount ($50 USD). Orders placed after January 1, 2014 should ship in October 2014.