Meizu MX3 to ship later this year with Ubuntu
Both the Meizu MX3 and Canonical's Ubuntu for smartphones and tablets have been shown to the public already and this mobile operating system can even be downloaded and installed on Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and other devices. On the other hand, it seems no handset comes loaded with Ubuntu at this time and the Meizu MX3 will become one of the first ones (if not the first one) to do so later this year.
These are the main specs of the upcoming Ubuntu-powered smartphone:
- Processor: Exynos 5 Octa 5410
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16/32/64/128 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.1-inch multi-touch with 1,080X1,800 pixels and 412 ppi
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP with autofocus and LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n with WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, micro USB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Battery/Autonomy: non removable 2,400 mAh Lithium-Polymer; up to 40 hours music play, 14 hours talk time and 393 hours standby on 3G
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.32 pounds; 5.47X2.83X0.36 inches
While some of the specs and features above may change (the Meizu MX3 is currently up for sale loaded with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and autonomy may be slightly different when running Ubuntu), when it comes to the operating system it can be easily said that Ubuntu for phones already looks great as you can see in the movie below. Unfortunately, pricing and availability information is not out yet but we will keep you posted.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros