MWC 2016 | Lenovo unveils Vibe K5 and Vibe K5 Plus smartphones
The Lenovo Vibe K5 and Vibe K5 Plus may sound like two different smartphones of different sizes when they in fact both sport 5-inch IPS screens differing only in processor and resolution. The Vibe K5 display is only 720p compared to 1080p on the Vibe K5 Plus and uses the slower octa-core Snapdragon 415 instead of the faster Snapdragon 616. Both, however, will carry integrated Adreno 405 graphics.
Otherwise, other core specifications are identical between the two models. Main memory is 2 GB with a main 13 MP camera capable of FHD recording. The 2750 mAh removable battery, dual SIM LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11 b/g/n, and stereo speakers are also standard.
Prices start at only $130 USD for the Vibe K5 and $150 USD for the Vibe K5 Plus coming this March. The performance-to-price ratio is certainly in Lenovo's favor all things considered.
The new K5 smartphones will launch "in regions where Lenovo smartphones are sold", which is a bit vague. It is not yet clear if the Chinese manufacturer will officially launch the devices in North America or only in certain parts of Europe and Asia where the ZUK Z1 is available.
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5-inch IPS 720p (K5) or 1080p (K5 Plus)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 415 (K5) or Snapdragon 616 (K5 Plus)
- Graphics: Adreno 405 up to 550 MHz
- Cameras: Rear 13 MP, Front 5 MP
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB eMMC, microSD up to 32 GB
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM, LTE, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: 2750 mAh, removable