Lenovo IdeaPad U310 and U410 coming this May
Aside from the new IdeaPad Y, Z and G series, Lenovo will also be releasing the ultrathin IdeaPad U310 and U410 as well.
According to the press release, the 13.3-inch U310 and 14-inch U410 will sport Sandy Bridge Intel Core CPUs and a hybrid storage setup of up to a 500GB HDD with a 64GB SSD for cache (similar to the Acer Aspire S3). Besides the larger screen size difference, the U410 is also expected to sport discrete Nvidia GeForce 610M graphics with 1GB VRAM while the smaller U310 will only have the integrated Intel HD 3000 GPU. Both will support Intel WiDi technology.
In terms of weight, the U310 and U410 are listed at 3.74 pounds (1.7kg) and 4.18 pounds (1.9kg), respectively. The thickness between both notebooks is going to be a little different at 0.7-inches (18mm) for the 13.3-inch model versus 0.83-inches (21mm) for the 14-inch model. Battery life is rated at 8 hours for each notebook.
“With improved sound and entertainment capabilities on the inside and unexpected candy-colors on the outside, we believe that these new consumer devices will help deliver the complete computing experience that individual customers are seeking,” said Lenovo Product Group president Peter Hortensius in the press release.
The new “Ultra” laptops will be available this upcoming May starting at a relatively low $699 in a wide range of colors such as Aqua blue, Cherry blossom, Graphite gray, Ruby red and others. Hit the press release below for more information on the different lineups.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
Lenovo Rings in 2012 with Colorful, Slim and Powerful New IdeaPad Laptops and IdeaCentre Desktops
- Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Laptop Review Review @ 06/28/2012
- Lenovo IdeaPad U310 ultrabook stops by the FCC News @ 04/03/2012
- Lenovo IdeaPad Y480 now available for pre-order News @ 03/10/2012
- Lenovo’s IdeaPad U300e Ultrabook is now available News @ 02/17/2012
- IdeaPad Y470p is an updated Y470 with Radeon HD 7690M GPU News @ 01/30/2012
- Lenovo showcases K2110 IdeaTab tablet with Atom Z2460 News @ 01/19/2012
- Lenovo launches its second generation Classmate+ notebooks News @ 01/13/2012
- CES 2012 | Lenovo bombards the market with new Ideapad Notebooks News @ 01/12/2012
- CES 2012 | Lenovo unveils Medfield powered K800 Android smartphone News @ 01/12/2012
- CES 2012 | Lenovo unveils ThinkPad T430u Ultrabook News @ 01/12/2012
- CES 2012 | Hands-on video with Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga News @ 01/11/2012
- Lenovo unveils the Quad-core IdeaTab K2 News @ 01/10/2012