LG announces 4.7-inch G2 Mini Android KitKat smartphone
LG will launch the G2 Mini next week at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, but the South Korean company already made it official and revealed all its specs and features. Compared to the LG G2 flagship, the Mini has a lower screen resolution and offers a choice between two slower processors, but will come with the same Android version which includes features like Guest Mode.
These are the main specs and features of the LG G2 Mini, which will be available in multiple variants, including dual SIM and LTE models:
- Processor: quad-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm MSM8926 (LTE) / MSM8226 (3G) or 1.7 GHz Nvidia Tegra 4i (LATAM LTE)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 4.7-inch qHD IPS with 960X540 pixels
- Cameras: 1.3 MP front, 8 MP back (13 MP for LATAM LTE version)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, NFC (4G LTE version)
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat with Plug & Pop, Guest Mode, Clip Tray
- Battery: 2,440 mAh
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.27 pounds; 5.1X2.6X0.38 inches
Depending on region, the handset will be available in Red, Gold, Titan Black or Lunar White. The G2 Mini will be shown at LG’s Booth in Hall 3 of Fira Gran Via during MWC 2014 and will launch globally in March, when the 3G dual SIM model will hit the CIS market. The Middle East, Latin America, Asia and Europe will follow shortly after, but there is no word on US availability yet. Information on pricing will probably become available at MWC.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros