Hisense launches Sero 8 tablet
Hisense Sero 8 is a new tablet for users on a budget looking for a quad-core processor, Android KitKat and a good display. The device has appeared on Ebuyer labeled as "available for pre-order" and will start shipping on April 30. Hisense is already known for its Sero 7 line of tablets which was released last year and offers specs similar to Google's Nexus 7, but for a better price.
The new Hisense Sero 8 comes with the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core Rockchip RK3188T
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 8-inch TFT IPS 5-point multi-touch with 1,280X800 pixels
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 2 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, micro USB, headphone jack
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Battery/Autonomy: 4,000 mAh; up to 170 hours standby, 7 hours Web surfing on WiFi
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.99 pounds; 8.21X5.1X0.41 inches
The tablet comes with multiple language support and a rich set of Google apps, including Chrome, Play Store, Maps, Gmail, Hangouts or Voice Search. It has a pre-order price of £89.99 GBP - roughly $150 USD, but once it becomes available in US online stores, it should cost even less. We will get back to this slate once it officially reaches the States.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: