Hisense launches Sero 8 tablet
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Hisense Sero 8 is a new tablet for users on a budget looking for a quad-core processor, Android KitKat and a good display. The device has appeared on Ebuyer labeled as "available for pre-order" and will start shipping on April 30. Hisense is already known for its Sero 7 line of tablets which was released last year and offers specs similar to Google's Nexus 7, but for a better price.
The new Hisense Sero 8 comes with the following specs and features:
- Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core Rockchip RK3188T
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 8-inch TFT IPS 5-point multi-touch with 1,280X800 pixels
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 2 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, micro USB, headphone jack
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Battery/Autonomy: 4,000 mAh; up to 170 hours standby, 7 hours Web surfing on WiFi
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.99 pounds; 8.21X5.1X0.41 inches
The tablet comes with multiple language support and a rich set of Google apps, including Chrome, Play Store, Maps, Gmail, Hangouts or Voice Search. It has a pre-order price of £89.99 GBP - roughly $150 USD, but once it becomes available in US online stores, it should cost even less. We will get back to this slate once it officially reaches the States.