Cheap Celeron Ultrabook chips coming in Q3
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
According to a report from Digitimes it was known that two of the Celeron models: Celeron ULV 807 and Celeron ULV 877 will be available to the manufactures at only $70 and $86 respectively. These models will come in Q3 and alongside five dual core i3 processors that will cost in between $117 to $138. We can expect this Celeron ULV to be half the price of the expensive Q3 launched Core i3 CPU.
Here are some of the features of Celeron ULV 807 and Celeron ULV 807:
- The microarchitecture of Celeron ULV 807 and Celeron ULV 877 is Sandy Bridge.
- The Frequency for both the model is 1500 MHz
- The Bus speed is 5 GT//s DMI for both of them.
- The clock multiplier is 15 in Celeron ULV 807 while in Celeron ULV 877 it is 14.
- The process is 32 nm and TDP is 17 Watt for both the Celeron models.
- Caches level 1/2/3 are 32kb/256kb/1.5Mb for Celeron ULV 807 and 64kb/512kb/2Mb for Celeron ULV 877.
- Cores is 1 (threads) in Celeron ULV 807 and cores is 2 (2threads) in Celeron ULV 877.
This thin laptop will have an SSD drive that will replace the HDD storage device which is too slow, more fragile and are more power consuming. It is estimated that in Q2 2012 only 56 percent of the ultrabooks will be transported with an SSD drive while it was seen that a whooping 86 percent was installed in Q1 2012. SSD drives are available at a much lower price and the price curve is still going downwards but it expected to move up in the following quarters.
Intel however is too cautious initially not to devalue the laptops as lowering the price of this laptop may tarnish its image.
In a major update from Intel it was confirmed that this thin and light laptops will not be termed as Ultrabooks. Ultrabook branding and trademark will be only allowed on laptops that will come with Intel Core processor.