Barnes & Noble's latest NOOK reading device is not one that uses an e-ink display, but a large-screen Samsung Android tablet that has its advantages. The 9.6-inch Galaxy Tab E Nook edition is a great tool that allows users to enjoy the new entertainment features offered by Barnes & Noble, including videos, magazines, and comic books.
The Galaxy Tab E Nook has the same technical specs as the "pure" version from Samsung - a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm 410 processor, 9.6-inch TFT multitouch display with 1,280X800 pixels, dual stereo speakers, 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB, WiFi connectivity, and more. The slate comes pre-loaded with Microsoft Office and customers also receive free content and Nook Store credit.
While the new Samsung Galaxy Tab E Nook is available at Barnes & Noble stores and online at Nook.com for $249.99 USD, Barnes & Noble Members receive an additional 10 percent discount. Until November 7, the company also runs a trade-in/trade-up program that offers a $50 USD credit to customers who own select Nook devices and are looking to replace them with a Nook Galaxy Tab E, Galaxy Tab S2, or Galaxy Tab 4.
|Barnes & Noble Expands NOOK® by Samsung Lineup, Launches New NOOK Trade-In/Trade-Up Promotion|
|Addition of New 9.6-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab E NOOK® Brings NOOK Reading and Entertainment Experience to Large Screen|
Trade in Select Devices at a Barnes & Noble Store for Credit Toward Purchase of Any NOOK by Samsung Device Through November 7
New York, NY – October 7, 2015 – Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) today expanded its offering of NOOK by Samsung devices and announced a special promotion to help even more customers trade up to one of its newest tablets at an even greater value. In conjunction with Samsung Electronics America, Barnes & Noble introduced the new 9.6-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab E NOOK, a large-screen tablet features Samsung’s stylish yet practical design with NOOK’s extraordinary reading and entertainment experience, perfect for the whole family and now available at Barnes & Noble stores and www.nook.com for $249.99 including a special free limited-time content offering. Barnes & Noble also launched a new Trade-In/Trade-Up limited-time in-store promotion to offer significant credits of up to $200 towards the purchase of a new NOOK by Samsung to customers who trade in select NOOK, iPad®, Kindle and Samsung devices* through November 7.
Discovering new content is simple and easy in the NOOK Store, where hundreds of NOOK Channels™ support expert content curation based on interest and sensibility. This popular discovery feature is powered by Barnes & Noble’s breakthrough recommendation system, which combines its bookseller knowledge with advanced algorithmic technology.
|About Barnes & Noble, Inc.|
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) is a Fortune 500 company, the nation’s largest retail bookseller, and a leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. The Company operates 647 Barnes & Noble bookstores in 50 states, and one of the Web’s premier e-commerce sites, BN.com (www.bn.com). The Nook Digital business offers a lineup of popular NOOK® tablets and eReaders and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content through the NOOK Store®. The NOOK Store features more than 4 million digital books in the US (www.nook.com) and UK (www.nook.co.uk), plus periodicals, comics, apps, movies and TV shows, and offers the ability to enjoy content across a wide array of popular devices through Free NOOK Reading Apps™ available for Android™, iOS® and Windows®.
General information on Barnes & Noble, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the Company's corporate website at www.barnesandnobleinc.com.
Barnes & Noble®, Barnes & Noble Booksellers® and Barnes & Noble.com® are trademarks of Barnes & Noble, Inc. or its affiliates. NOOK® and the NOOK logos are trademarks of Nook Digital, LLC or its affiliates.
For more information on Barnes & Noble, follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, and like us on Facebook. For more information on NOOK, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
- Barnes & Noble is back with the US$49.99 7-inch NOOK Tablet News @ 12/04/2018
- Barnes & Noble unleashes the US$130 NOOK Tablet 10.1 News @ 11/06/2018
- Barnes and Noble officially announces Nook Tablet 7" News @ 11/17/2016
- Snapdragon 625-powered Galaxy Tab E hits Geekbench News @ 09/13/2016
- Samsung to launch new Galaxy Tab E slates soon News @ 01/27/2016
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E hits US Cellular News @ 11/23/2015
- Customers prefer detachables over tablets says IDC News @ 11/02/2015
- Samsung unveils Galaxy View News @ 10/28/2015
- Samsung Galaxy ON5 and ON7 entry-level smartphones sighted News @ 10/22/2015
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 9.7 S2 now available in gold with matching cover News @ 10/22/2015
- Montblanc and Swarovski accessories now available for Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge+ News @ 10/19/2015
- Samsung Galaxy S7 may include USB Type-C port News @ 10/18/2015
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E officially announced News @ 06/16/2015
- Samsung and Barnes & Noble launch Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 NOOK News @ 08/21/2014
- Samsung and Barnes & Noble to partner on Galaxy Tab 4 Nook devices News @ 06/05/2014