IFA 2014 | Asus unveils 64-bit Intel Atom-powered MeMo Pad 7
Asus announced a new iteration of its notorious MeMo Pad 7 tablet, this time powered by a 64-bit Intel Atom processor. The slate comes loaded with Google's Android OS with Asus' own ZenUI interface and will be available in a variety of colors and two variants - with and without 4G LTE connectivity - depending on the market.
The new Asus MeMo Pad 7 ME572C is the non-LTE variant and has the following specs and features:
- Processor: 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z3560
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage, microSD support up to 64 GB and 5 GB of lifetime cloud storage
- Display: 7-inch LED backlit IPS touchscreen with 1,920X1,200 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 5 MP back with autofocus
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Miracast support, micro USB, GPS with GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat with Asus ZenUI
- Weight: 0.65 pounds
- Autonomy: 11 hours
The slate also features stereo speakers with SonicMaster technology and will be available in Burgundy Red, Champagne Gold and Gentle Black but pricing has not been announced yet.