CES 2013 | Asus launches Atom-powered VivoTab ME400C tablet
Hybrid notebook/tablets seem to be dominating the Ultrabook scene ever since the launch of Windows 8. At CES, the Asus VivoTab is yet another such hybrid, but this time with a budget starting price of only 500 Euros (~$650). Called the VivoTab Smart ME400C, the 10.1-inch tablet will use a 720p display protected by scratch-resistant glass with an optional Bluetooth keyboard dock for nearly 110 Euros (~$145).
Other specifications include 64 GB eMMC storage and on-board 2 GB LPDDR2 RAM. The notebook will run a Clover Trail Atom Z2760 with integrated PowerVR SGX545 graphics. Users can expand storage even further with a microSD card.
The VivoTab is available now and is looking to be a good alternative to both the high-end Transformer series and the ARM-based VivoTab RT TF600.
Specifications Asus Smart VivoTab ME400C tablet:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: Intel Atom Z2760 Dual-Core 1.6GHz (up to 1.8GHz)
- Memory: 2 GB, LPDDR2
- Graphics: PowerVR SGX545
- Display: 10.1-inch, 1366 x 768 Pixels, IPS, 178°, scratch-resistant glass, Capacitive multi-touch, 350 cd/m²
- Storage: 64 GB eMMC + 32 GB Asus WebStorage, free for 36 Months
- Communication: WLAN 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Interfaces: 1x micro-HDMI, 1x micro-USB, 1x headphone, microSD (SDHC) card reader
- Webcam: 2MP front-facing camera, 8MP rear camera
- Other: High-Definition Audio, integrated stereo speakers, Integrated mic
- Battery: Lithium-Polymer, 6.760 mAh
- Weight: 580 Grams
- Dimensions: 262,5 x 171 x 9,7 mm
- Colors: White, Black
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: