Apple unveils iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Apple has finally taken the wraps off two new iPhone handsets and they are mostly as expected. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are considered by Apple to be "the biggest advancements in iPhone history" and feature "an all-new dramatically thin and seamless design."
These are the highlights of the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus:
- Processor: 64-bit A8 with M8 coprocessor that continuously tracks motion data without draining the battery
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM (not confirmed); 16 GB, 64 GB or 128 GB
- Display: 4.7-inch or 5.5-inch multitouch IPS with 1,334X750 pixels or 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 1.2 MP front FaceTime HD, 8 MP back iSight with Full HD 60 fps video recording
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, 4G LTE, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, iBeacon microlocation
- Operating system: iOS 8
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.28 pounds or 0.38 pounds; 5.44X2.64X0.27 inches or 6.22X3.06X0.28 inches
Both handsets feature a fingerprint identity sensor located on the Home button and are thinner than the iPhone 5S. Prices start at $199 USD for the 16 GB iPhone 6 and $299 USD for the 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus. The 64 GB versions cost $100 USD more, while the 128 GB ones are $200 USD more expensive than their 16 GB siblings.
All the prices above apply when purchasing the phone with a two-year contract. Pre-orders start on September 12.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros