Apple's iPhone is now 10 years old
Today, Apple's iPhone celebrates a full decade on the market. This flagship went through a series of changes since its arrival and managed to shape the entire mobile market, although sometimes Apple simply made popular the innovations introduced by other brands.
These are the iPhone generations released so far and their dates of arrival:
- iPhone 1st gen - June 29, 2007
- iPhone 3G - July 11, 2008
- iPhone 3GS - June 19, 2009
- iPhone 4 - June 24, 2010
- iPhone 4S - October 14, 2011
- iPhone 5 - September 21, 2012
- iPhone 5C, 5S - September 20, 2013
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus - September 19, 2014
- iPhone 6S, 6S Plus - September 25, 2015
- iPhone SE - March 31, 2016
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus - September 16, 2016
The current iPhone generation offers water resistance, a dual camera setup (on the 7 Plus only), but also lacks a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The iPhone 8 is expected to come this fall, its list of rumored features including a glass body and an edge-to-edge OLED display, a new processor, camera and Touch ID integrated into the display, as well as wireless charging. The next-gen Apple flagship might come in three variants, only one of them featuring a larger (5.8-inch) OLED display, while the others would have smaller LCD screens (4.7-inch and 5.5-inch).
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros