Toshiba announces the HK3R Series enterprise SSDs
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Toshiba has just announced the HK3R SSD series mainly aimed at server, storage and data center use. The new drives offer excellent reliability and performance, they incorporate Toshiba's proprietary QSBC error-correction technology and have been optimized for read-intensive applications.
The HK3R enterprise SSD family has the following technical specs and features:
- Capacities: 120 GB, 240GB and 480 GB
- Hardware: 19-nm NAND flash memory with QSBC (Quadruple Swing-By Code) error-correction
- Form factor/Interface: 2.5-inch; 6 Gbps SATA
- Random reads/writes: 75k IOPS; up to 12k IOPS
- Sequential read/write speed: 500 MB/s; up to 400 MB/s
- Power consumption/Efficiency: 1 W; 75,000 IOPS/W
- MTTF: 2,000,000 hours
According to Don Jeanette, senior director of marketing at Toshiba Storage Products Business Unit, "Toshiba recognizes the importance of eSSD reliability and designs our eSSDs with full power loss protection and QSBC error protection technology to put our customers’ minds at ease," so the 5-year limited warranty carried by the HK3R series is not a surprise.
First HK3R SSD customer samples will start shipping later this month. For more information please check the press release below.