Three Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 tablets to be revealed on February 24
Samsung will have a lot to show off at this year's Mobile World Congress, as three Galaxy Tab 4 tablets will stand next to the Galaxy 5 smartphone and its Galaxy Gear 2 smartwatch companion. While no official information on this matter exists at this time, industry insiders say that it is very likely for Samsung to release these three new slates and the first rumors regarding their hardware setup are already out there.
These are the highlights of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Android tablets as mentioned in a recent report:
- Processors: 1.2 GHz quad-core, also rumored is the 1.9 GHz octa-core Exynos chip
- Memory/Storage: 1 to 3 GB of memory; up to 64 GB of internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 7, 8 and 10.1 inches AMOLED multi-touch with resolutions starting at 1,280X800 pixels
- Connectivity: WiFi, 3G and 4G LTE depending on model, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, micro USB, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
The new Galaxy Tab models are expected to become the slimmest tablet in the world, with a thickness of less than 0.23 inches. They are also supposed to come with wireless charging capabilities and a 5,000 mAh battery, but without NFC. All these should be taken with a grain of salt until Samsung reveals everything they have prepared for the Barcelona show.