Qualcomm MDP tablet arrives later this month with Snapdragon 805 processor and 10-inch WQHD display
While an impressive amount of tablets and smartphones come with Qualcomm Snapdragon chips inside, Qualcomm-branded devices are not common at all. In fact, the Qualcomm MDP tablet which can be purchased from Intrisync already and will ship later this month seems to be the first Android tablet to carry the notorious brand on its case.
A high-end device aimed mainly at developers, the Qualcomm MDP tablet sports the following specs and features:
- Processor: Snapdragon 805 with four Krait 450 cores at up to 2.7 GHz and Adreno 420 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB LPDDR3; 64 GB eMMC 5.0 internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 10.06-inch IPS WQHD 10-point multi-touch with 2,560X1,440 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 13 MP with flash on the back, both capable of 1080p 60 fps recording, dual 3D gesture cameras with IR LED
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 3.1, 4.0/LE, NFC, GPS, micro HDMI type D, micro USB 3.0 (OTG)
- Audio: surround sound speakers, 7.1 channel Dolby Digital Plus or DTS playback, 5.1 surround sound recording, ultrasound emitter for gestures, 7 mics for Fluence Pro
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Battery: 3,400 mAh
The tablet also features a fingerprint scanner and comes loaded with Trepn Profiler and Snapdragon Performance Visualizer Tool Suite. It has a price of $799 USD and the package includes a HDMI cable, one 8 GB microSD card, USB 3.0 cable and a 3.0 A AC adapter, next to the removable battery and the tablet itself.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: