Origin PC introduces EON17-SLX high-end desktop replacement notebook
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Earlier today, Origin PC revealed the new EON17-SLX high-end notebook aimed at gamers and creative professionals alike. This portable is highly customizable and comes with features less common even for expensive laptops such as biometric reader, rear facing camera and a Thunderbolt port, not to mention Origin PC's professional GPU overclocking included for free.
The base setup of the Origin PC EON17-SLX comes with the following specs:
- Processors: Intel Core i7 4700MQ
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB DDR3-1333; 320 GB 7,200 RPM SATA3 HDD
- Optical drive: 8X DVD burner
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M with 2 GB GDDR5
- Display: 17.3-inch LED backlit Full HD 1080p
- Cameras: 1 MP webcam, 5 MP front facing
- Keyboard/Touchpad: customizable backlit with three lighting zones and seven color options
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, card reader, 4XUSB 3.0, 1XUSB 2.0, RJ45 LAN, HDMI
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Weight/Dimensions: starting at 9 pounds; 16.5X11.3X2.15 inches
The list of available options includes high-end parts such as the Intel Extreme Core i7 4930MX processor, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4 GB GDDR5, mSATA RAID configurations, Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D audio, Avermedia Live Gamer Portable capture card, as well as 3 year part replacement and free shipping warranty with lifetime labor/24-7 support (this option alone is priced at $269). Windows 8.1 is also available as an option.
The Origin PC EON17-SLX starts at $1,999 and can be already customized and ordered from www.OriginPC.com.