Motorola releases official Xoom and revenue numbers
While analysts had low expectations of the Xoom tablet, the actual sales numbers for the Android Honeycomb device were anybody’s guess. Fortunately, speculations can finally be put to rest as Motorola revealed its Q1 2011 earnings report this Friday, with decent Xoom performance numbers to boot.
According to the financial results report for Motorola Mobility, the cellular company confirmed 250,000 Xoom tablets shipped for its first quarter in market. Of course, units “shipped” does not necessarily translate to units “sold,” but 250k units is still a respectable number, especially since overall revenue for the quarter was at $3 billion, 22% higher than Q1 2010.
In the grand scheme of things, however, the tablet was but a small fraction of Motorola’s revenue. Of the 9.3 million Motorola devices shipped during Q1 2011, 4.1 million were smartphones, which was over 16 times the number of Xoom tablets. As tablets become more mainstream this year, we expect them to start leaving a larger mark on the company’s future financial results. Check out the full Motorola earnings report below.
- Motorola Q2 earnings revealed, 2 new tablets on the way News @ 07/30/2011
- Motorola Xoom with 4G coming this September News @ 07/26/2011
- Motorola announces price drop for Wi-Fi Xoom tablet News @ 07/06/2011
- New Verizon commercial might have revealed new Xoom 4G News @ 06/18/2011
- Motorola boss blames Android for higher device return rate News @ 06/08/2011
- Motorola may have unintentionally leaked Xoom 2 tablet News @ 06/01/2011
- Android 3.0 creators don't understand retail, says NVIDIA chief News @ 05/15/2011
- Motorola buys SunUp to help better manage live content News @ 05/11/2011
- Android 3.1 coming to Motorola Xoom News @ 05/11/2011
- Motorola: Bisher 250.000 Tablet-PCs Xoom ausgeliefert News @ 05/02/2011
- Motorola releases software update for Xoom tablet, Q1 earnings point to 250,000 devices sold News @ 04/29/2011
- Low Motorola Xoom sales could be holding back Android 3.0 News @ 04/16/2011
- Leaked screenshot shows 16GB Motorola Xoom for Verizon News @ 04/10/2011
- Analyst lowers revenue forecasts for Motorola Xoom due to poor sales News @ 04/05/2011
- Motorola announces Wi-Fi Xoom release date for Canada News @ 03/22/2011