Lenovo announces five new ThinkPads
Review Editor - Details here
News Editor - Details here
Russian Translator - Details here
Lenovo today announced the arrival of thinner and lighter ThinkPads with updated hardware and increased autonomy.
Now, the ThinkPad ultrabooks can offer up to 17 hours of autonomy on a single charge and they all use Intel's last generation processors. In addition to that, the Power Bridge technology introduced by the Chinese company allows users to swap batteries without having to power down their notebooks.
The five new ThinkPad ultrabooks announced today and their main features are the following:
- The 14-inch ThinkPad T440s is an update to the older T431s, bringing Haswell processors to the list of features, as well as the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (available as an option, but not in North America). Additional features include up to 12 GB of RAM and up to a single 1 TB HDD or one 512 GB SSD. The T440s has a native resolution of 1,600X900 and a touchscreen option available as well.
- The 14-inch ThinkPad T440 has similar options as the T440s, but its maximum resolution is 1,920X1,080.
- The ThinkPad X240 replaces the X230 released last year and Lenovo describes it as "designed for serious business and extreme mobility". Only 20.3 mm thin, the X230 features up to Intel Core i7 processors, 1 TB of storage, a 12.5-inch Full HD display with touch option, backlit keyboard and a complete set of ports for full connectivity.
- At last, the ThinkPad S440 and S540 also feature 4th generation Intel Core processors, up to Full HD anti-glare touch displays and discrete graphics (AMD Radeon HD 8670M).
- The top version of the S440 features 8 GB of memory, 500 GB of HDD storage space and can last approximately 6 hours on a single charge, its display offering a maximum of 1,600X900 pixels.
- ThinkPad S540's top configuration can go as high as 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB of space and 9 hours of battery life. This version of the ultrabook supports Full HD resolution .
The ThinkPad T440/T440s and the X240 will be available at the end of October and their base prices will be $1149, $849, and $1099. Availability and pricing of the S440 and S540 ultrabooks in the United States and Canada are not known yet, but they will reach Europe starting later this month. The prices will start at $920 for the S440 and $854 for the S540. For more information, please see the press release below.