Asus reveals Fonepad 7 phablet
Review Editor - Details here
News Editor - Details here
Russian Translator - Details here
Asus announced at the end of last week the latest version of the Fonepad 7 phablet which offers full 3G connectivity and comes in black, red, white and blue. According to the press release, "Fonepad 7 is narrow and light enough to comfortably fit in a user’s palm" and features a narrow bezel to provide more viewing space so that the new ZenUI interface can be properly enjoyed.
These are the main specs and features of the new Asus Fonepad 7:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z2520
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 4 GB or 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 7-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 1,024X600 pixels and 170 ppi
- Cameras: VGA webcam, 2 MP main camera with 3o fps, 720p video recording
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with hotspot capability, Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0, GPRS, EDGE, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with ZenUI, upgradeable to KitKat
- Battery/Autonomy: 15 Wh lithium-polymer; 10 hours video playback, 60 hours music playback, 30 hours talk time and up to 620 hours standby
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.64 pounds; 7.55X4.37X0.43 inches
This phablet also features a front speaker with ASUS SonicMaster technology, while the custom UI offers two unique features (What’s Next and Do It Later) which can help the users "to free users from actively having to manage the multitude of information they are confronted with daily, thus enabling them to be more productive."
Pricing and availability of the Asus Fonepad 7 still have to be announced. For more details, please check the press release below.