ZTE announces Open C smartphone
The Firefox OS-powered ZTE Open arrived in July 2013 and was a great commercial success as the entire stock sold out in only three days. Now, Chinese company ZTE announces its successor, which comes loaded with the latest Firefox OS version, a more powerful processor, higher resolution screen, more memory and storage.
According to the official press release, ZTE Open C is "the world’s first smartphone powered by the latest version of Firefox OS" and can be purchased from eBay US/UK/Germany and Global Buying Hub sites. Its main specs include the following:
- Processor: dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 MSM8210 with Adreno 302 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 512 MB RAM; 4 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 4-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen with 480X800 pixels and 233 ppi
- Camera: 2 MP
- Connectivity: 3G, GPRS, EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n with hotspot, Bluetooth, micro USB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS
- Operating system: Firefox OS 1.3
- Dimensions: 4.96X2.55X0.43 inches
- Battery: lithium-ion 1,400 mAh
The ZTE Open C has a price of $99.99 USD and is already available on eBay, as you can see in the press release below.