ZTE announces Axon Mini Premium Edition in Europe for 390 Euros
Chinese manufacturer ZTE has announced the Axon mini Premium Edition for launch in European territories. The model was recently part of a limited time $300 USD promotion with Alibaba Group last month. When it launches in Europe, expect the 5.2-inch FHD AMOLED device to retail for 390 Euros.
The pressure-sensitive touchscreen can recognize the usual taps and swipes and respond accordingly to how hard the user is touching the display. This opens up new possibilities for interaction and operation of smartphones. ZTE, for example, suggests the use of 3D passwords that not only consist of the standard letters and numbers, but also the unique habits of how the user touches the display. The feature can be used to set different shortcuts for apps, too.
Aside from the still uncommon technical feature, the Axon mini Premium Edition will be relatively thin at 7.9 mm with an 0.85 mm thin aluminum frame for added rigidity. Core specifications include the octa-core Snapdragon 616 SoC, dual SIM, iris and fingerprint readers, and others.
ZTE Axon mini Premium Edition specifications according to manufacturer:
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 70 x 7.9 mm
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8939 Octa Core, 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 3 GB RAM + 32 GB ROM, MicroSD up to 128 GB
- Battery: 2800 mAh
- Dual-SIM: Yes
- Networks: LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600 Cat 4 | GSM/UMTS GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz | WCDMA 900/2100MHz
- Display: 5.2-inch, FHD 1080*1920 (AMOLED)
- Camera: 13 MP AF LED Flash | Front Camera 8 MP FF
- WLAN: 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4G & 5G)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Other: GPS/AGPS, FHD Video Encoding, Fingerprint and Iris reader, Force Touch