Vivo Xplay 5 is now official
After the BlackBerry Priv, Vivo Xplay 5 becomes the second non-Samsung handset to use a dual-edge display. More than just that, this new smartphone from China is also the world's first one to offer no less than 6 GB of memory. Except these two highlights, there are not many surprises, but everything is just as expected - a high-quality metal build, fingerprint reader, HiFi sound, and much more.
These are the main specs and features of the Vivo Xplay 5:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 SoC or Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB or 6 GB RAM; 128 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.43-inch Super AMOLED with 2,560X1,440 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP with Sony IMX298 sensor on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS (no NFC or USB Type-C)
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3600 mAh
- Colors: gold, pink
The Snapdragon 652/4 GB RAM model is now up for pre-order in China for roughly $560 USD, while the "Flagship Edition" with Snapdragon 820 and 6 GB RAM will be available soon for about $650 USD. There is no information on the handset's international availability at this time, but we will get back to it as soon as we find out.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros