Vivo Xplay 5 is now official
After the BlackBerry Priv, Vivo Xplay 5 becomes the second non-Samsung handset to use a dual-edge display. More than just that, this new smartphone from China is also the world's first one to offer no less than 6 GB of memory. Except these two highlights, there are not many surprises, but everything is just as expected - a high-quality metal build, fingerprint reader, HiFi sound, and much more.
These are the main specs and features of the Vivo Xplay 5:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 SoC or Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB or 6 GB RAM; 128 GB internal storage
- Display: 5.43-inch Super AMOLED with 2,560X1,440 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 16 MP with Sony IMX298 sensor on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-SIM, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS (no NFC or USB Type-C)
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 3600 mAh
- Colors: gold, pink
The Snapdragon 652/4 GB RAM model is now up for pre-order in China for roughly $560 USD, while the "Flagship Edition" with Snapdragon 820 and 6 GB RAM will be available soon for about $650 USD. There is no information on the handset's international availability at this time, but we will get back to it as soon as we find out.