Sony "Sirius" smartphone may arrive next month
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
The upcoming Sony D6503 smartphone codenamed "Sirius" has just been spotted in a few leaked photos that show a handset similar to the Sony Xperia Z1 flagship, but with thinner side bezels. Soon after the images appeared online, Xperia Blog revealed most of the technical specs of the device, which could replace the Xperia Z1 as Sony's top Android handset.
All these specs are not official yet, so they should be taken with a grain of salt:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974AB) with Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5.2-inch IPS multi-touch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Audio: stereo speakers and S-Force Surround 3D technology
- Cameras: 20.7 MP rear, 2.1 MP front
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
Since Sony already uses the 20.7 MP camera in a few smartphones available on the market, it is possible to see them launch the D6503 with a QHD display and push the specs of its flagship handset even higher. On the other hand, keeping the old 1080p display helps increase battery life and most users cannot notice any big difference between 1080p and 2k.
According to Android Authority, the Sony Sirius may debut next month at MWC, but this also remains to be seen.