Samsung finally launches Tizen-powered Z1 smartphone
Previously known just as Samsung Z, the first Tizen-powered smartphone is finally official after facing multiple delays. Samsung Z1 hits the Indian market today and "offers exclusive benefits for localized entertainment apps and a simple user interface that makes mobility easier and more enjoyable, even for the first-time smartphone users."
Samsung Z1 comes with low-end specs but also has a price to match. These are its highlights:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz dual-core (brand and model not specified)
- Memory/Storage: 768 MB RAM; 4 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4-inch WVGA PLS touchscreen
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 3.1 MP back with auto face detection, dream shot
- Connectivity: 3G dual SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0
- Operating system: Tizen 2.3
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.25 pounds; 4.74X2.49X0.38 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1500 mAh; up to 7 hours video playback and 8 hours talk time
"We have customized the Samsung Z1 to meet these unique, entertainment-focused needs of local Indian consumers for a personal and reliable mobile experience," says Hyun Chil Hong, President and CEO, Samsung India Electronics. The handset offers free access to premium content on Club Samsung - over 80 live TV channels and more than 270,000 songs ready for download. The company will also launch a free package called "Joy Box" to provide access to additional multimedia content.
Samsung Z1 retails for roughly $80 USD and can only be found in India for now. The colors available being white, black, and wine red. For more details, please check the press release below.