Samsung finally launches Tizen-powered Z1 smartphone
Previously known just as Samsung Z, the first Tizen-powered smartphone is finally official after facing multiple delays. Samsung Z1 hits the Indian market today and "offers exclusive benefits for localized entertainment apps and a simple user interface that makes mobility easier and more enjoyable, even for the first-time smartphone users."
Samsung Z1 comes with low-end specs but also has a price to match. These are its highlights:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz dual-core (brand and model not specified)
- Memory/Storage: 768 MB RAM; 4 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4-inch WVGA PLS touchscreen
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 3.1 MP back with auto face detection, dream shot
- Connectivity: 3G dual SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0
- Operating system: Tizen 2.3
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.25 pounds; 4.74X2.49X0.38 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1500 mAh; up to 7 hours video playback and 8 hours talk time
"We have customized the Samsung Z1 to meet these unique, entertainment-focused needs of local Indian consumers for a personal and reliable mobile experience," says Hyun Chil Hong, President and CEO, Samsung India Electronics. The handset offers free access to premium content on Club Samsung - over 80 live TV channels and more than 270,000 songs ready for download. The company will also launch a free package called "Joy Box" to provide access to additional multimedia content.
Samsung Z1 retails for roughly $80 USD and can only be found in India for now. The colors available being white, black, and wine red. For more details, please check the press release below.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros